Friday, September 4, 2009

Garbanzo bean and zucchini curry

Approx. 190 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

While out running errands, I remembered that I ate the last piece of fruit in the house for lunch today. I was driving past Trader Joe's and decided to run in and grab a couple of apples to last until the farmer's market this weekend. As a general rule, I'm not a Trader Joe's fan. I just don't "get it" when it comes to the love that some people have for that place. Their produce usually isn't that fresh, and their other products are just bland, Bland, BLAND!! to me. But I just needed a couple of apples, so in I went.

While I was in there, I remembered that I had some pretty slim pickings in the fridge at home for dinner. I had planned to make a curry with the half can of garbanzo beans and the zucchini I had. Since my last attempt at making a homemade curry didn't turn out all that well, I decided to see if they had a ready-made curry. I spotted a jar of their curry simmer sauce, and as I picked it up, a really cute guy said "Oh, that sauce is sooooo good. I love it!" Into the basket with the apples it went.

I wish I had put the cute guy into my basket instead of the curry sauce. I confess that I still don't get the Trader Joe's love. I thought the curry was bland and tasted like an overly sweet spaghetti sauce with a trace of curry powder thrown in. I haven't decided whether to toss the rest of it or try to salvage it by adding spices the next time I use it. Anyway, I think this recipe would be good if you make/use a good curry sauce instead of Trader Joe's.

Ingredients

Directions
  1. Add all ingredients into a skillet.
  2. Simmer until sauce is warm and zucchini is tender.
  3. Serve.

No comments: