Saturday, October 3, 2009

Refried bean salad

Approx. 130 Calories per serving. Recipe serves 3.

Today I continue my theme of nearly effortless "Mexican" inspired dishes. Basically I jazzed up a can of refried beans, and then served it on a salad for one meal, wrapped it in a tortilla for a burrito for another meal, and then just ate the 3rd serving plain and with a spoon. You can add salsa, olives, cheese, or whatever else makes you happy.


Ingredients
  • 1 can refried beans (I used Rosarita No Fat Zesty Salsa)
  • 1/4 cup green onion
  • 1/3 cup bell pepper (I used yellow)

Directions
  1. Microwave the refried beans.
  2. Add diced bell pepper and green onion.
  3. Serve in a burrito, on nachos, on a salad, etc.

The actual salad consists of 2 cups chopped green leaf lettuce, 1 medium tomato, half an avocado, and 1 serving of the refried beans (beans served warm). The salad as shown has approx. 300 Calories.

No comments: