Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thai Red Curry Sole

Approx. 360 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.


I was craving Thai red curry tonight, but wasn't really in the mood for chicken, so I made a quick trip to the grocery store. I picked up some Dover sole at the grocery store. Usually, I only buy a quarter of a pound and use it all up the same day, but there wasn't any behind the meat counter and I had to buy a half pound package. I guess I will be having fish for dinner again tomorrow night. At least it saved me from having the meat guy ask if I was buying it for a cat! He always looks shocked when I tell him I'm buying it for dinner.

If you serve this recipe with rice, it is probably big enough for two servings, and you probably would want to leave a little more water in the sauce. I was really hungry tonight (and it was very tasty!), so I ate it as shown (without rice). I was very full when I was done, but not too full for dessert. I finished my meal with a bowl of frozen cherries (I like to eat them frozen). It worked perfectly to cool the spice.


Ingredients
  • 4 cups baby eggplant (approx. 1/2 lb)
  • 4 oz. dover sole
  • 1/4 cup yellow onion
  • 1/2 cup green onion
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1 tsp. Thai red curry paste
  • 2 cups water

Directions
  1. Slice yellow onion into thin strips and cut each baby eggplant in half.
  2. Add 1 cup water to a skillet and bring to boil.
  3. Add eggplant, yellow onion and curry paste.
  4. Cook until eggplant is almost soft.
  5. Add coconut milk and remaining water and cook until eggplant is soft.
  6. Add fish and cook for approx. 2 minutes on each side, or until fish is cooked and most of the water has evaporated off.
  7. Add green onions and mix to coat with curry sauce.
  8. Serve alone or with rice.

No comments: