Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sole and Salsa

Approx. 225 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.



I had the remaining sole to use up tonight. I thought about making my favorite standbys - either fish soup or chili lime sole, but thought I would try something new. I originally started with the intent to make a Veracruz type of sauce for the fish, but didn't have any capers or green olives, so gave up on that, and just tossed in what I did have. This isn't the most inspired dish, but that didn't stop me from cleaning my plate.

Ingredients

  • 4 oz. dover sole
  • 1/4 cup yellow onion
  • 1 cup Roma tomatoes
  • 1 key lime
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 2 tsp salsa
  • 1 cup water

Directions
  1. Add water to a frying pan and bring to boil.
  2. Add sole and top with thinly sliced onion and juice from the lime.
  3. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until sole is cooked.
  4. Place cooked sole on bed of fresh spinach.
  5. Heat salsa and tomatoes in the same frying pan, until tomatoes release juices and get soft.
  6. Top fish with salsa/tomato mixture.

No comments: