Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pomegranate Shrimp Curry

Approx. 200 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I finally found a pomegranate that had deep red seeds. Unfortunately, half of the seeds were a moldy shade of brown and that fruit made a direct trip to the trash. The second one I opened had seeds that weren't quite as red, but they were very juicy and tasty.

I was in the mood for a shrimp curry tonight, and decided that the sweet of pomegranates would nicely complement the savory of the curry. I made a small batch in case it didn't turn out, and all I can say is that I wish I had used a pound of shrimp!! This was sooooooo good! I plan to make this recipe several times while pomegranates are still in season!

Ingredients
  • 3 oz. shrimp (I used pre-cooked)
  • 1/2 medium tomato
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/8 cup vegetable stock
  • 2 Tbs pomegranate seeds

Directions
  1. Dice tomato and onion. Mince garlic.
  2. Add curry powder, minced garlic, and oil to a frying pan.
  3. Heat spice and oil mixture until it sizzles.
  4. Add onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
  5. Add tomatoes and cook until it starts to stick to the pan.
  6. Add vegetable stock to deglaze pan and 1 Tbs pomegranate seeds. Cook 1 minute.
  7. Add shrimp and cook until warm (if using raw shrimp, cook until done).
  8. Serve and garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds.

No comments: