Friday, February 5, 2010

Fennel Broccoli Salad

Approx. 120 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I know a lot of people don't like to eat broccoli once it bolts and starts to flower, but I love it. I love the long spindly stems and the taste of the flower buds, although sometimes the pollen can give a bit of a gritty texture. So, when I saw this broccoli at the farmer's market, I snapped it up. I used raw broccoli for this salad, but you could easily blanch it if you like it a bit more tender.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups broccoli florets
  • 3 Roma or plum tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup fennel
  • 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions
  1. Remove outer layer (if tough) and core of fennel and then chop.
  2. Chop tomatoes and cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
  3. Mix all the vegetables together.
  4. Add vinegar and season with freshly ground pepper.

No comments: