Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chicken broccolini stir fry

Approx. 200 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

I was having one of those nights where I really didn't know what I wanted to make for dinner. After staring in the fridge until I was freezing, I pulled out some chicken and a random assortment of veggies, and just started chopping things up. I ended up with this stir fry, which I kind of had to improvise on.

Normally, I would mix the broccolini in with everything else in the pan (so that's how the recipe will read). However, I started with a very small pan, and ran out of room. Basically, I added the broccolini to the top of the pan, and ended up steaming it while everything else cooked below. Since the pan was too small to mix everything without making a mess on the stove, I just pulled off the steamed broccolini, put it on the plate, then scooped the rest of the stir fry on top.

Ingredients
  • 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 4 cups broccolini
  • 1 cup mushrooms
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1 Tbs stir fry sauce (I used East West Brand, spicy ginger teriyaki sauce)
  • 1/4 cup water

Directions
  1. Add water to a skillet and bring to boil.
  2. Add cubes of chicken and cook until white throughout.
  3. Add mushrooms and stir fry sauce.
  4. Mix and cook down.
  5. Add tomatoes and broccolini.
  6. Cook until all vegetables are tender.

No comments: