Friday, April 16, 2010

Grilled chicken with tomatoes and fennel

Approx. 375 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I didn't get home until late last night and really didn't have much energy to cook anything complicated, so I decided to make this quick dish. Including the prep time, this dish took less than 10 minutes to make. I put the chicken on my George Foreman grill right after getting the fennel into the skillet, and the timing worked that they were both done at about the same time.

Ingredients
  • 8 oz chicken breast
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1 bulb fennel (approx. 2 cups)
  • 4 oz water
  • 1 oz white wine
  • red pepper flakes, to taste
  • edible flowers (Nasturtium) for garnish

Directions
  1. Cut fennel into thin slices and dice tomato.
  2. Add water, wine, and red pepper flakes to a skillet and bring to a boil.
  3. Add fennel and cook until soft and most liquid has evaporated off.
  4. Add tomato and cook until tender.
  5. Serve with grilled chicken breast (I cooked it on my George Foreman grill).
  6. Garnish with edible flowers.

No comments: