Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Shrimp with beet greens in Thai red curry

Approx. 180 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving

I wanted something spicy and savory and still had a big bunch of beet greens left. I really didn't want a garlic sautee again, so decided to cook them in a Thai red curry sauce. I had some frozen cocktail shrimp, so I quick thawed those and tossed them in too.

Ingredients
  • 3 oz shrimp (I used pre-cooked)
  • 4 cups beet greens
  • 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
  • 1 1/2 Tbs coconut milk
  • 4 oz water

Directions
  1. Wash and chop beet greens.
  2. Remove tails from shrimp (so they are easier and less messy to eat).
  3. Add water, curry paste, and coconut milk to a skillet.
  4. Heat and then add beet greens.
  5. Cook until greens are tender.
  6. Add shrimp and heat until warm all the way through.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never saw your blog or site before. I really like and appreciate the "beliefs" and "disclaimer" in the side bar. Your approach read like how I cook, although I do check out recipes. I just usually don't follow them exactly or swap out ingredients depending on what is in my kitchen. Thx. Jimmy