Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli in Masaman Curry

Approx 170 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

I had some Masaman curry paste left over, so instead of making the chicken and broccoli stir fry with teriyaki or soy sauce like I usually do, I decided to make it with the Masaman curry paste instead. It was pretty good, but the curry flavor was pretty weak. If I make it again, I would double the amount of curry paste. I evaporated off almost all the liquid, but if you serve it with rice, you might want to leave more of the liquid as sauce.

Ingredients
  • 4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 5 cups broccoli
  • 1 cup mushrooms
  • 1 Tbs Masaman curry paste
  • 2 cups water

Directions
  1. Chop vegetables and cut chicken into chunks.
  2. Add water and curry paste to the skillet and bring to a boil.
  3. Add chicken and cook until it is white (and cooked through).
  4. Add broccoli and mushrooms.
  5. Cook until broccoli is tender, but not mushy.
  6. Evaporate off water until desired liquid level is reached.

No comments: