Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pomegranate chicken curry

Approx. 240 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I really liked the pomegranate shrimp curry I made a while ago, and have actually made it a couple of times while pomegranates are still in season. Today, I decided to try making it with chicken instead of shrimp. It was pretty good, but I like the recipe with shrimp better. While making this dish, I got a little lazy when I chopped the onion, and instead of a fine dice, I just rough chopped them. While it didn't impact the flavor, I liked the texture better when the onion was smaller.


This recipe is almost identical to the shrimp recipe, except I used more pomegranate seeds and the chicken was added to the pan much earlier in the cooking process.

Ingredients
  • 4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1/2 medium tomato
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/8 cup vegetable stock
  • 3 Tbs pomegranate seeds

Directions

  1. Dice tomato and onion. Mince garlic.
  2. Add curry powder, minced garlic, and oil to a frying pan.
  3. Heat spice and oil mixture until it sizzles.
  4. Add chicken breast and cook until nearly done.
  5. Add onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
  6. Add tomatoes and cook until it starts to stick to the pan.
  7. Add vegetable stock to deglaze pan and 2 Tbs pomegranate seeds. Cook 1 minute.
  8. Serve and garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds.

No comments: