Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pomegranate fish curry

Approx. 215 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

Since pomegranates aren't in season all that long, I have been eating them like crazy. I like the curry I made and haven't thought of any other way to cook with them, so I made this dish again. This time I made sure to dice the onions, which greatly improved the texture compared to the chicken version. I also decided to try this recipe with fish. The flavor was nice, but the fish was a little too delicate for the heavier curry. In terms of flavor and texture, I think the shrimp version is the way to go. I'm not planning to make this same dish with any other meats, so this is the last of this redux recipe.

Ingredients

  • 3 oz. fish(I used dover sole)
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/8 cup vegetable stock
  • 3 Tbs pomegranate seeds

Directions

  1. Dice tomato and onion. Mince garlic.
  2. Add curry powder, minced garlic, and oil to a frying pan.
  3. Heat spice and oil mixture until it sizzles.
  4. Add onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
  5. Add tomatoes and cook until it starts to stick to the pan.
  6. Add vegetable stock to deglaze pan and 1 Tbs pomegranate seeds. Cook 1 minute.
  7. Add fish and cook until done (approx. 2-3 minutes).
  8. Serve and garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds.

No comments: